Sure, here’s a free crochet pattern to make a 60-degree triangle. This shape is often used in various crochet projects, including blankets, shawls, and even garments. For this pattern, I’ll assume you have some basic knowledge of crochet stitches.
- Worsted weight yarn in your choice of color
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn (usually recommended on yarn label)
- Yarn needle
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- sl st: slip stitch
- Begin by making a slip knot, then chain 4.
Row 1: 2. Make 1 dc in the 4th chain from your hook (the first chain you made). This counts as your first dc and your turning chain.
- Ch 2 (this creates the corner space).
- Make 2 more dc into the same chain.
- You now have the first side of your triangle.
Row 2: 6. To turn your work, chain 3.
- Rotate your work slightly so that you can work along the side of the triangle.
- Make 3 dc evenly spaced along the side. This will help shape your triangle.
- When you reach the corner (the ch-2 space from the previous row), make 3 dc, ch 2, and 3 more dc into the same ch-2 space. This creates the corner of your triangle.
Row 3: 10. To turn your work, chain 3.
- Work 3 dc evenly along the side of the triangle.
- At the corner (the ch-2 space), make 3 dc, ch 2, and 3 more dc.
- Continue this pattern, working 3 dc along each side and creating corners with (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in each ch-2 space.
Continue Rows: 14. Repeat Row 3 until your triangle reaches the desired size. Each row will add one more set of 3 dc stitches to each side and create a corner as previously described.
Finishing: 15. When your triangle is the size you want, fasten off your yarn, leaving a tail for weaving in.
Weaving in Ends: 16. Thread the yarn tail onto a yarn needle.
- Weave in all loose ends to secure them.
That’s it! You’ve completed your 60-degree crochet triangle. You can use this triangle in various ways, including as part of a larger project or by making multiple triangles to create a geometric design. Experiment with different colors and yarn types to create unique and beautiful crochet pieces.