I’d be happy to provide you with a description of a crochet baby sea turtle tutorial along with a free pattern. Please note that I can’t provide direct links or images, but I can describe the steps and pattern to you.
Crochet Baby Sea Turtle Tutorial – Free Pattern
- Worsted weight yarn in green and cream (or desired colors)
- Crochet hook (appropriate size for your chosen yarn)
- Safety eyes or black yarn for eyes
- Fiberfill or stuffing
- Yarn needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- inc: increase (2 sc in the same stitch)
- dec: decrease (single crochet 2 stitches together)
Head and Body:
- Begin with a magic ring (or ch 2 and work into the first ch).
- Round 1: 6 sc into the ring. (6 stitches)
- Round 2: Inc in each stitch around. (12 stitches)
- Round 3: Sc, inc around. (18 stitches)
- Round 4: Sc in the next 2 stitches, inc around. (24 stitches)
- Rounds 5-8: Sc in each stitch around. (24 stitches in each round)
- Round 9: Sc in the next 2 stitches, dec around. (18 stitches)
- Round 10: Sc, dec around. (12 stitches)
- Stuff the head and body with fiberfill.
- With cream yarn, attach in any stitch.
- Round 1: Ch 2 (does not count as a stitch), dc in the same stitch, dc in the next stitch and in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to the first dc. (12 stitches)
- Round 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in the next stitch, dc in the next stitch around. Join. (18 stitches)
- Round 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in the next stitch, dc in the next 2 stitches around. Join. (24 stitches)
- Round 4: Ch 2, 2 dc in the next stitch, dc in the next 3 stitches around. Join. (30 stitches)
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in each stitch around. Join and fasten off.
Legs (Make 4):
- With green yarn, ch 6.
- Row 1: Starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, sc in each ch across. (5 stitches)
- Rows 2-6: Ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch across. (5 stitches in each row)
- Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.
- Attach the shell to the body by sewing around the edge.
- Attach the legs to the bottom of the body using the long tails and a yarn needle.
- Attach safety eyes or sew eyes using black yarn above the head (or embroider eyes with yarn).
- Embroider a tiny smiling mouth using black yarn.
- Weave in any loose ends and trim excess yarn.
Your crochet baby sea turtle is now complete! This adorable little turtle can be a wonderful handmade gift or decoration. Remember to use your creativity and feel free to customize the colors and details to make it your own. Enjoy your crocheting!