I’d be happy to provide you with a crochet pattern for making a cute “Banana Cat” amigurumi! Here’s a simple pattern you can follow:
Crochet Banana Cat Amigurumi Pattern:
- Worsted weight yarn in yellow (banana) and pink (mouth/ears)
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn (usually around 4.00mm or as needed for your yarn choice)
- Safety eyes or black yarn/thread for eyes
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Yarn needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- inc: increase (2 sc in the same stitch)
- dec: decrease (single crochet two stitches together)
- sl st: slip stitch
Body (Banana): Start with yellow yarn.
Round 1: Magic ring, ch 1, 6 sc in the ring. (6 stitches) Round 2: Inc in each stitch around. (12 stitches) Round 3: [Sc, inc] in each stitch around. (18 stitches) Round 4: [Sc in the next 2 stitches, inc] around. (24 stitches) Round 5-10: Sc in each stitch around. (24 stitches for 6 rounds) Round 11: [Sc in the next 2 stitches, dec] around. (18 stitches) Round 12: [Sc, dec] around. (12 stitches) Stuff the body firmly. Round 13: Dec around. (6 stitches) Fasten off, leaving a tail for closing. Weave the tail through the remaining stitches and pull tight to close the hole. Secure and weave in the end.
Mouth: Using pink yarn, embroider a small curved line onto the front of the banana to create the mouth.
Ears (Make 2): Start with pink yarn.
Round 1: Magic ring, ch 1, 4 sc in the ring. (4 stitches) Round 2: Inc in each stitch around. (8 stitches) Round 3: [Sc, inc] in each stitch around. (12 stitches) Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing.
- Attach safety eyes or embroider eyes using black yarn/thread between Rounds 5 and 6, with about 4 stitches between them.
- Sew the ears onto the top of the banana, slightly angled and positioned towards the sides.
- Embroider the nose using pink yarn below the eyes.
- Weave in any remaining ends.
Your crochet Banana Cat amigurumi is now complete! Feel free to customize the colors and details to your liking. Remember to stuff the amigurumi firmly but not too tightly to achieve the desired shape. Enjoy your adorable Banana Cat creation!