- Worsted weight yarn in main color (MC) (e.g., gray or tan)
- Small amount of worsted weight yarn in accent color (AC) (e.g., pink or white)
- Crochet hook size H/8 (5.0mm)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
Size: One size fits most adult hands
Finished Measurements: Approximately 7 inches (18 cm) in length and 7 inches (18 cm) in circumference (unstretched)
Gauge: 16 stitches and 18 rows = 4 inches (10 cm) in single crochet
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single crochet
- Hdc: Half double crochet
- Dc: Double crochet
- Sl st: Slip stitch
- Sc2tog: Single crochet two stitches together (decrease)
Main Glove: Note: Work in a continuous spiral without joining at the end of each round. Use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round.
- With MC, ch 11.
- Row 1: Starting in the 2nd ch from hook, sc across. (10 sc)
- Rows 2-30: Sc in each st across. (10 sc)
- Fasten off MC.
- Join MC to the last row of the cuff.
- Round 1: Ch 1, sc in each row end around (30 sc).
- Rounds 2-15: Sc in each sc around. (30 sc)
- Fasten off MC.
Switch to AC for the cat paw.
- Thumb Opening:
- Count 9 stitches to the right from the beginning of the round (opposite side of the last join).
- Join AC and ch 1.
- Round 1: Sc in the next 7 sts. Ch 1, turn. (7 sc)
- Round 2: Sc2tog, sc in the next 3 sts, sc2tog. Ch 1, turn. (5 sc)
- Round 3: Sc across. Ch 1, turn. (5 sc)
- Round 4: Sc2tog, sc in the next st, sc2tog. Ch 1, turn. (3 sc)
- Round 5: Sc across. Ch 1, turn. (3 sc)
- Round 6: Sc2tog, sc2tog. Fasten off AC. (2 sc)
- Paw Pads:
- Join AC to the center st of the thumb opening.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 3 sc in the same st, sc in the next 2 sts, 3 sc in the last st, sc in the next 2 sts, join with a sl st to the first sc. Fasten off AC.
- Weave in all ends using a yarn needle.
- Make a second glove following the same instructions.
These crochet cat paw fingerless gloves will keep your hands cozy and stylish while adding a touch of feline flair to your outfit. They’re perfect for chilly days and make a great gift for cat lovers. Customize the colors to match your preferences and enjoy showing off your adorable new accessory!