Sure, here’s a simple crochet pattern for a cute bat that’s perfect for beginners:
- Worsted weight yarn in black (main color) and white (for eyes)
- Crochet hook (size G/4.0mm recommended)
- Safety eyes or black embroidery thread for eyes
- Fiberfill or stuffing material
- Yarn needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- inc: increase (2 sc in the same stitch)
- dec: decrease (decrease 2 sc into 1)
- st: stitch
Finished Size: Approximately 4 inches (10 cm) tall
- With black yarn, make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 6 sc into the ring. (6 stitches)
- Round 2: Inc in each st around. (12 stitches)
- Round 3: Sc, inc around. (18 stitches)
- Round 4: Sc 2, inc around. (24 stitches)
- Rounds 5-8: Sc in each st around. (24 stitches for 4 rounds)
- Round 9: Sc 2, dec around. (18 stitches)
- Start stuffing the body.
- Round 10: Sc, dec around. (12 stitches)
- Round 11: Dec in each st around. (6 stitches)
- Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing the opening closed. Weave in the ends.
Wings (Make 2):
- With black yarn, ch 5.
- Row 1: Sc in second ch from hook, sc in each remaining ch. (4 stitches)
- Rows 2-6: Ch 1, turn. Sc in each st across. (4 stitches for 5 rows)
- Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing.
- Attach safety eyes or embroider eyes using white yarn or embroidery thread on the front of the body, between Rounds 6 and 7, leaving about 2 stitches between the eyes.
- Attach wings on either side of the body, sewing them on between Rounds 4 and 5.
- Embroider a small nose using black yarn or thread, just below the eyes.
- Stuff the body firmly with fiberfill.
- Use the tail from Round 11 to sew the opening closed.
- Weave in any remaining ends.
Your cute crochet bat is now complete! Feel free to add your own personal touches, such as different colors or facial expressions, to make it unique. Happy crocheting!