Crochet Quick & Easy Towel Topper – Free Pattern
If you’re looking for a quick and practical crochet project, this towel topper is perfect for you. It’s a handy kitchen accessory that allows you to hang your dish towels securely, keeping them within easy reach while adding a touch of handmade charm to your kitchen.
- Worsted weight cotton yarn in your desired color
- Crochet hook (size recommended on yarn label)
- Yarn needle
Towel Topper Base:
- Chain (ch) 12.
- Single crochet (sc) in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each chain across (11 sc).
- Chain 1 and turn.
- Repeat step 2 until your piece measures the width of your towel, usually around 16-18 inches. Make sure to end with an even number of rows.
- Chain 10.
- Slip stitch (sl st) into the same stitch where you started the chain to form a loop.
- Attach the loop to the top corner of your towel topper base by slip stitching through both the loop and the base.
- Fasten off and weave in the ends.
- Attach a button to the opposite corner of the towel topper base, on the side opposite the loop. Ensure it lines up with the loop when folded over.
Fold your towel topper in half with the button side on top. Slide it over the top edge of your kitchen towel, buttoning it through the loop. Hang your towel by the loop, and it’s ready for use!
Feel free to customize this pattern with different colors or stitches to match your kitchen decor. It’s a versatile and quick crochet project that’s perfect for beginners and experienced crocheters alike. Enjoy making these practical and decorative towel toppers for your kitchen or as thoughtful handmade gifts for friends and family.