If you’re looking for specific visual instructions, you may want to search for a crochet pattern website or video tutorial to accompany this description.
- Worsted weight yarn in yellow, brown, and green.
- Crochet hook (size appropriate for your yarn).
- Yarn needle.
- Ch: Chain.
- Sl st: Slip stitch.
- Sc: Single crochet.
- Hdc: Half double crochet.
- Dc: Double crochet.
- With brown yarn, make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 8 sc into the ring, sl st to the first sc to join. Pull the ring tight. (8 sc)
- Round 2: Ch 1, sc in the next st, 2 sc in the next st, repeat * around, sl st to the first sc to join. (12 sc)
- Round 3: Ch 1, sc in the next 2 sts, 2 sc in the next st, repeat * around, sl st to the first sc to join. (16 sc)
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
Sunflower Petals (Make 16):
- With yellow yarn, ch 11.
- Row 1: Starting in the second ch from hook, sc across, ch 1, turn. (10 sc)
- Row 2: Sc in each st across, ch 1, turn.
- Rows 3-5: Repeat Row 2.
- Row 6: Ch 1, sc in the next st, hdc in the next st, dc in the next st, hdc in the next st, sc in the next st, sl st in the next st, repeat * once more, ch 1, turn.
- Row 7: Sl st in the first st, sc in the next st, hdc in the next st, dc in the next st, hdc in the next st, sc in the next st, sl st in the next st, fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.
- Place the sunflower petals evenly around the sunflower center, slightly overlapping them, and sew them in place using the yarn tails.
- With green yarn, work surface slip stitches around the outer edge of the sunflower to create a neat border.
- Using brown yarn, create a chain that matches the width of your sunflower piece.
- Work rows of sc until the back piece matches the dimensions of your cushion.
- Make two identical back pieces.
- Place the two back pieces together with the sunflower piece on top, right sides facing out.
- Single crochet around the entire perimeter, working through all layers, to join the front and back pieces together. Leave one edge partially unworked to insert the cushion pad.
- Insert the cushion pad, then continue single crocheting the remaining edge to close the cover.
- Fasten off, weave in ends, and your sunflower cushion cover is complete!
Remember, this is a basic description of the pattern. If you’re new to crochet, you might find it helpful to follow along with a detailed video tutorial or step-by-step photo guide to ensure you’re executing each step correctly. Enjoy creating your beautiful sunflower cushion cover!