Description: The Crochet Super Easy T-Shirt Yarn Backpack is a stylish and functional accessory that combines the art of crochet with the utility of a backpack. Made using t-shirt yarn, this backpack is not only eco-friendly by upcycling old shirts, but it also offers a comfortable and durable option for carrying your essentials. With its minimalist design and customizable color options, this backpack is perfect for casual outings, trips to the market, or even as a unique fashion statement.
- T-shirt yarn in your desired color (approximately 2 skeins)
- Crochet hook (size determined by the thickness of your yarn, usually around 8-10 mm)
- Wooden or metal button for the closure
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Note: This pattern is written using US crochet terminology.
- Begin with a magic ring, ch 1 (does not count as a stitch here and throughout).
- Work 6 single crochet (sc) into the magic ring. Pull the ring tight to close the hole. (6 stitches)
- Place a stitch marker in the first stitch to mark the beginning of the round.
- Work 2 sc in each stitch around. (12 stitches)
- 1 sc in the next stitch, 2 sc in the next stitch. Repeat around. (18 stitches)
- 1 sc in the next 2 stitches, 2 sc in the next stitch. Repeat around. (24 stitches)
- Continue this pattern, increasing the single crochets between increases by 1 in each round until you have the desired width of the backpack.
- Work 1 sc in each stitch around for the desired height of the backpack body. Repeat this round until the backpack body reaches the desired height.
- At the beginning of a round, chain a certain number of stitches to create the width of the flap (this can vary based on your preference).
- Skip the same number of stitches as your chain, and then work 1 sc in each remaining stitch of the round. This creates the flap.
- Continue working 1 sc in each stitch around the flap for the desired flap length.
- Attach the t-shirt yarn to one side of the backpack where the strap should begin.
- Chain the desired length for the strap.
- Attach the other end of the chain to the opposite side of the backpack.
- Repeat this process for the second strap.
- Attach the button to the center of the flap and align it with the body of the backpack. This will serve as the closure mechanism.
- Weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
Your Crochet Super Easy T-Shirt Yarn Backpack is now complete! This versatile and stylish backpack is ready to accompany you on your adventures while showcasing your crochet skills and eco-friendly mindset.