I’d be happy to provide you with a description of how to crochet the Mabel Pot Holder! Please note that I can’t provide verbatim copyrighted text, but I can certainly guide you through the process step by step.
Mabel Pot Holder – Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Worsted weight cotton yarn in two different colors (Main color for the body and a contrasting color for the edging and loop)
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn weight (usually around H/5mm)
- Yarn needle
Finished Measurements: Approximately 8 inches (20 cm) square
- Foundation Chain: Start with a slip knot and chain a multiple of 4 stitches until you reach your desired width. For example, you could chain 32 for an 8-inch square pot holder.
- Row 1: Single crochet in the second chain from the hook and in each chain across. Chain 1, turn.
- Row 2: Single crochet in the first stitch, skip 1 stitch, work (double crochet, chain 1, double crochet) in the next stitch (this creates a “V” shape), repeat – across until the last stitch. Single crochet in the last stitch. Chain 1, turn.
- Row 3: Single crochet in each stitch and chain-1 space across. Chain 1, turn.
- Repeat Rows 2 and 3: Continue repeating Rows 2 and 3 until your piece is nearly square. End with a Row 3 repeat.
- Round 1: Without turning, work a single crochet evenly around the entire square, working 3 single crochets in each corner. Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet.
- Round 2: Chain 1, single crochet in the same stitch. Chain 3, skip the next stitch, single crochet in the next stitch, repeat – around. Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet.
- Round 3: Slip stitch into the first chain-3 space. Chain 3 (counts as a double crochet), work 2 more double crochets in the same space. Work 3 double crochets in each chain-3 space around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the beginning chain-3.
- Loop: Cut yarn and fasten off. Attach the contrasting color yarn to any corner. Chain a length that is comfortable for hanging your pot holder, and slip stitch into the same corner. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Your Mabel Pot Holder is now complete! The textured stitch pattern and decorative edging make it both functional and stylish. Remember, these instructions are a general guide, so feel free to adapt them to your preferred colors, sizes, and personal touches. Enjoy your crocheting!