I’d be happy to provide you with a description of how to crochet the Simply Daisy Bookmark. Keep in mind that I can’t provide verbatim copyrighted text, but I can certainly guide you through the steps to create the bookmark using a general crochet pattern format. Remember to adapt the instructions as needed to create the bookmark you have in mind.
Skill Level: Beginner
- Worsted weight yarn in your desired colors (A main color for the bookmark and a contrasting color for the daisy)
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn weight (usually a size G or H hook)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- sl st: slip stitch
- Start by making a slip knot and chaining 20.
- In the second chain from the hook, make 1 sc. Make 1 sc in each chain across. (19 sc)
- Chain 1, turn. Make 1 sc in each sc across. Repeat this row until your bookmark measures your desired length, usually around 6-8 inches.
- Once your bookmark is the desired length, fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
- With the contrasting color, create a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as a st), make 8 hdc in the magic ring. Pull the ring tight to close the circle. Join with a sl st to the first hdc. (8 hdc)
- Round 2: Ch 5, dc in the second ch from the hook, hdc in the next ch, sc in the next 2 chs, sl st in the next hdc of Round 1. Repeat from * to * around for a total of 8 petals. Fasten off and leave a tail for sewing.
- Use the tail to sew the daisy onto the top corner of the bookmark base.
- Position the daisy where you’d like it on the bookmark corner.
- Use a yarn needle to sew the daisy in place, making sure to secure all the petals and the center.
- Weave in any remaining ends.
Your Simply Daisy Bookmark is now complete! This charming crochet accessory will brighten up your reading and make a lovely gift for any bookworm in your life. Feel free to experiment with different colors and yarn types to create bookmarks that match your personal style. Happy crocheting!