Easy Crochet Leaf Pattern for Beginners:
- Worsted weight yarn in your choice of color
- Crochet hook (size appropriate for your yarn)
- Yarn needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- sl st: slip stitch
Row 1: Make a slip knot and chain 9.
Row 2: Starting in the second chain from the hook, work 1 sc in each ch across. (8 sc)
Row 3: Ch 1, turn. Work 1 sc in the first sc, 1 hdc in the next sc, 1 dc in the next 2 sc, 1 hdc in the next sc, 2 sc in the last sc. (8 stitches)
Row 4: Ch 1, turn. Work 2 sc in the first sc, 1 hdc in the next sc, 1 dc in the next sc, 1 hdc in the next sc, 2 sc in the next sc, 1 sl st in the last sc. (10 stitches)
Fasten off and cut the yarn, leaving a tail for sewing.
- Weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
- Using the yarn tail, sew the leaf onto your desired project. You can attach it to scarves, hats, blankets, or use it as an appliqué.
- To give the leaf a more natural appearance, you can lightly block it. To block, dampen the leaf with water, shape it by gently pulling and pinning it into the desired shape, and allow it to air dry.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created a simple crochet leaf. Feel free to experiment with different yarn colors and sizes to create a variety of leaves for your projects. Happy crocheting!