- Worsted weight yarn in your chosen color (approximately 300-400 yards)
- Crochet hook size H/8 (5.0 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- Elastic band (for waistband)
Gauge: 4 inches (10 cm) = 13 stitches and 9 rows in double crochet
Finished Size: This pattern is written for a skirt that fits a waist size of approximately 28-30 inches (adjustments can be made for larger or smaller sizes).
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- st: stitch
- sp: space
- Start with a foundation chain of 100 stitches (or a multiple of 3 stitches to adjust for your desired size). Join with a slip stitch to form a ring, being careful not to twist the chain.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), dc in each st around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the beginning ch-3. (100 dc)
- Rounds 2-10: Ch 3, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next st, ch 2, repeat * to * around, ending with a dc in the last stitch. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the beginning ch-3. (33 ch-2 spaces)
Edging: 4. Round 11: Ch 3, dc in each dc and ch-2 space around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the beginning ch-3. (100 dc)
- Round 12: Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch), sc in each st around. Join with a slip stitch to the first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Waistband: 6. Attach the elastic band to the top of the skirt using a whipstitch or by crocheting directly onto the waistband. To crochet, insert your hook through the top stitches of the skirt and the elastic, yarn over and pull through, then yarn over and pull through both loops on the hook. Continue this all the way around.
Finishing: 7. Weave in any remaining ends and make sure your skirt is even and well-aligned. Try it on and make any adjustments as needed.
Congratulations, you’ve completed your Easy Crochet Simple Skirt!
Feel free to experiment with different colors, yarn types, and embellishments to create a skirt that matches your style. As a beginner, take your time and practice your stitches to achieve an even and polished look. Happy crocheting!