If you’re a crochet enthusiast with a love for all things cute and colorful, this Fluffy Rainbow Cat is the perfect project for you! With its vibrant rainbow stripes and irresistibly fluffy texture, this adorable crochet creation will bring a touch of whimsy to your home decor or make for an enchanting gift for cat lovers of all ages.
- Worsted weight yarn in various rainbow colors (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple)
- White or light-colored yarn for the body and head
- Crochet hook (size suitable for your chosen yarn)
- Safety eyes or embroidered eyes
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Yarn needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- inc: increase (work 2 sc in the same stitch)
- dec: decrease (single crochet 2 stitches together)
- st: stitch
Body and Head:
Start with white yarn.
Round 1: Make a magic ring, ch 1, and work 6 sc into the ring. Pull the ring tight. (6 stitches)
Round 2: Inc in each st around. (12 stitches)
Round 3: Sc in next st, inc in next st. Repeat around. (18 stitches)
Round 4: Sc in next 2 sts, inc in next st. Repeat around. (24 stitches)
Round 5-12: Sc in each st around. (24 stitches)
Change to rainbow colors in the following order: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple.
Round 13-18: Sc in each st around. (24 stitches)
Change back to white yarn.
Round 19-24: Sc in each st around. (24 stitches)
Round 25: Sc in next 2 sts, dec in next st. Repeat around. (18 stitches)
Round 26: Sc in next st, dec in next st. Repeat around. (12 stitches)
Stuff the head and body firmly with fiberfill.
Round 27: Dec in each st around. (6 stitches)
Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing.
Make 2 (with rainbow colors matching the body stripes).
Row 1: Ch 4, sc in second ch from hook, sc in next ch, inc in last ch. Turn. (3 stitches)
Row 2: Ch 1, inc in first st, sc in next st, inc in last st. Turn. (5 stitches)
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each st across. Turn. (5 stitches)
Row 4: Ch 1, dec, sc in next st, dec. Turn. (3 stitches)
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each st across. Turn. (3 stitches)
Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing. Attach the ears to the top of the head.
- Attach safety eyes or embroider eyes using black yarn.
- Embroider a cute nose and mouth using black yarn.
- Sew the head and body together, stuffing as you go.
- Sew on the rainbow stripes along the body, alternating colors.
- Weave in all ends and trim excess yarn.
Your Fluffy Rainbow Cat is now complete! This charming crochet creation is ready to bring joy and color to any space it graces. Remember, you can always customize the colors and sizes to make a whole pride of rainbow cats in various hues and sizes. Happy crocheting!