Sure, here’s a simple crochet keychain wristlet pattern that you can follow to create a quick and functional accessory.
- Worsted weight yarn in your preferred color
- Crochet hook (size G/4.0mm or similar)
- Keyring or lobster clasp
- Yarn needle
- CH: Chain
- SC: Single Crochet
- HDC: Half Double Crochet
- SL ST: Slip Stitch
Step 1: Starting Chain
- Begin by making a slip knot and chaining 26 stitches.
Step 2: Foundation Row 2. In the second chain from the hook, work 1 SC. Continue to work 1 SC in each chain across. (25 SC total)
Step 3: Body of the Wristlet 3. Chain 1 and turn your work.
- Work 1 HDC in each stitch across. (25 HDC total)
- Repeat step 3 and 4 until the piece measures about 4-5 inches, or your desired length, ending with a wrong side row. Make sure to keep an odd number of rows for symmetry.
Step 4: Closing Row 6. Chain 1 and turn your work.
- Work 1 SC in each stitch across. (25 SC total)
- Do not fasten off.
Step 5: Attaching the Keyring or Clasp 9. Fold the strip in half, matching up the short edges.
- Insert the keyring or lobster clasp through both layers at the folded end and secure it by slip stitching through both layers around the keyring or clasp. You can also sew it on securely using a yarn needle.
Step 6: Finishing 11. Fasten off and weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
Your crochet keychain wristlet is now ready to use! This pattern is easily customizable – you can adjust the size, color, and embellishments according to your preference. It’s perfect for keeping your keys handy while keeping your hands free. Enjoy your crafting!