Sure, here’s a very easy crochet shawl pattern for you:
Title: Very Easy Crochet Shawl
- Worsted weight yarn (choose your favorite color)
- Crochet hook (size H/5mm or size that complements your yarn choice)
- Yarn needle
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Sk: Skip
- Sp: Space
Note: This shawl is worked from the top down in a triangular shape.
Row 1: Ch 4.
- In the 4th ch from hook, work 2 dc.
- Ch 2, work 3 dc in the same ch.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), 2 dc in the same st.
- Ch 2, 3 dc in the next ch-2 space (center space of previous row).
- Ch 2, 3 dc in the last st (top of turning ch from the previous row).
Row 3 and onward: Repeat Row 2.
Continue repeating Row 2 until your shawl reaches your desired size. You can continue until the shawl is large enough to drape comfortably over your shoulders.
Fasten off your yarn and weave in any loose ends with a yarn needle.
- Add fringe to the bottom edge of your shawl for extra flair. To do this, cut strands of yarn of double the desired fringe length. Fold each strand in half and use a crochet hook to pull the folded end through a stitch at the bottom edge of the shawl. Then, pull the loose ends of the yarn through the folded end loop and tighten.
Remember, this pattern is designed to be very easy, making it great for beginners. Feel free to experiment with different yarn colors, textures, and even stitch variations to create a shawl that’s uniquely yours. Happy crocheting!