I’d be happy to provide you with a description of the Waffle Stitch Blanket pattern. The waffle stitch is a popular crochet stitch pattern that creates a textured and visually appealing design resembling the pattern of a waffle. It’s often used to make cozy blankets, scarves, and other projects.
- Worsted weight yarn in your chosen colors
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn weight
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Start by making a chain in a multiple of 3 stitches plus an additional 2 stitches for turning.
- In the 4th chain from the hook, work a double crochet. Skip 2 chains, then work 1 double crochet, chain 1, and 1 double crochet in the next chain. Repeat this pattern across the row. End with a double crochet in the last chain. This creates your first row of waffle stitch clusters.
Row 2 and Beyond:
- Chain 3 (counts as a double crochet) and turn your work.
- Work a double crochet in the first chain-1 space from the previous row.
- Skip the next double crochet, and work 1 double crochet, chain 1, and 1 double crochet in the next chain-1 space. Repeat this pattern across the row, ending with a double crochet in the top of the turning chain from the previous row.
Repeat Row 2: Continue repeating Row 2 until your blanket reaches the desired length. Remember to always chain 3 at the beginning of each row and end with a double crochet in the top of the turning chain.
Finishing: When you’ve reached the desired length, fasten off your yarn and weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
Optional Edging: You can add a simple edging by working a round of single crochet stitches around the entire blanket. In the corners, you can work (sc, ch 2, sc) to create a neat corner. This will give your blanket a clean and finished look.
Remember, the waffle stitch blanket’s appearance will depend on your yarn choice, color combinations, and tension, so feel free to get creative with your project. This pattern produces a warm and textured blanket that’s perfect for cuddling up on chilly days. Enjoy crafting your beautiful waffle stitch blanket!