Stylish Crochet Crop Top Tutorial
- Worsted weight cotton yarn in your chosen color (approximately 250-300 yards)
- 4.5mm crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Size: Small/Medium (adjustments for larger sizes in parentheses)
Gauge: 4 inches x 4 inches = 16 stitches x 18 rows in double crochet
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Sl st: Slip Stitch
- Sk: Skip
- St(s): Stitch(es)
- This crop top is worked in two rectangular panels that are seamed at the sides.
- Ch-3 at the beginning of a row counts as a dc stitch.
Panel (Make 2):
Foundation Row: Ch 63 (or any multiple of 3 for desired width). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (turning ch counts as first dc), *sk 2 ch, 3 dc in next ch; repeat from * across, ending with 2 dc in last ch, turn. (20 groups of 3 dc)
Row 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), *3 dc in space between groups of 3 dc; repeat from * across, ending with 1 dc in top of turning ch, turn.
Repeat Row 1 until your panel measures your desired length (approximately 8 inches), ending with a wrong-side row.
Edging: Ch 1, sc evenly around the entire panel, placing 3 sc in each corner, sl st to first sc to join. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Place both panels with right sides facing up and short sides at the top. Using your tapestry needle and yarn, sew the sides together from the bottom up, leaving approximately 6-8 inches open from the bottom for armholes.
- Turn the crop top right side out.
- For the straps, attach your yarn at the corner of one panel. Ch 60 (or desired strap length), sl st to the corner of the opposite panel. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Repeat step 3 for the second strap on the other side of the crop top.
Block your crop top by gently stretching it to the desired measurements and pinning it in place. Allow it to air dry completely.
Your stylish crochet crop top is now ready to wear! This versatile piece can be paired with high-waisted skirts, shorts, or jeans for a trendy and chic look.
Feel free to customize this pattern by using different colors, adding embellishments, or adjusting the length according to your preferences. Happy crocheting!