Sure, here’s a free crochet pattern for the letter “S” in the alphabet. Crocheting letters can be a fun way to personalize your projects like blankets, banners, or wall art. Below, you’ll find instructions for creating a simple crochet “S”.
- Worsted weight yarn in your chosen color
- Crochet hook suitable for your yarn (typically 4.0mm to 5.5mm)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- st(s): stitch(es)
Step 1: Create the Foundation Chain
- Start by chaining 25. This will be the foundation chain for your “S”. Adjust the length if you want a larger or smaller letter.
Step 2: Work the First Leg of the “S”
- Row 1: Starting in the second chain from the hook, sc in each ch across. (24 sc)
- Rows 2-4: Ch 1, turn. Sc in each sc across.
- Row 5: Ch 1, turn. Sc in the first 12 sc.
Step 3: Work the Curved Part of the “S”
- Row 6: Ch 1, turn. Sc in the next 11 sc, 2 sc in the next sc.
- Row 7: Ch 1, turn. Sc in the next 13 sc.
Step 4: Work the Second Leg of the “S”
- Rows 8-10: Ch 1, turn. Sc in each sc across.
Step 5: Finish the Letter “S”
- Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Your crocheted letter “S” is now complete! You can use this letter to personalize various projects, including blankets, banners, or anything else you can think of. If you want to make more letters, simply repeat the pattern for each letter you need. You can also experiment with different yarn colors to create a multicolored alphabet. Enjoy your crocheting!