Creating a crochet halter neck top is a fun and rewarding project that results in a stylish summer garment. This easy-to-follow pattern is perfect for beginners and will guide you step by step through the process of making your own halter neck top.
- Worsted weight cotton yarn (color of your choice)
- Crochet hook (size appropriate for the yarn)
- Yarn needle
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double crochet
- Sc: Single crochet
- Sl st: Slip stitch
Size: This pattern is written for a standard adult size Small. Adjustments can be made for different sizes by altering the number of stitches and rows.
- Foundation Row: Ch 61.
- Row 1: Starting from the 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch across. (60 sc)
- Row 2-15: Ch 1, turn. Sc in each stitch across.
- Row 16: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), turn. Dc in each stitch across.
- Row 17-20: Ch 3, turn. Dc in each stitch across.
- Repeat steps 1-5 of the Front Panel instructions.
- Lay the Front and Back panels on top of each other, right sides facing each other.
- Line up the edges and stitch the sides together using a whipstitch or slip stitch, leaving openings for the armholes on each side.
Halter Neck Strap:
- Attach yarn at the top corner of the Front Panel.
- Ch 150 (or desired length for the neck strap).
- Attach the other end of the strap to the top corner of the Back Panel.
- Weave in all loose ends using a yarn needle.
- Block your halter neck top by wetting it and gently shaping it to the desired size. Allow it to dry completely.
Congratulations, you’ve completed your crochet halter neck top! This versatile summer garment can be worn over a bikini at the beach or paired with high-waisted shorts for a casual and chic look.
Remember, this pattern can be customized in terms of size, color, and yarn type. Experiment with different yarns and embellishments to make your halter neck top unique to your style. Happy crocheting!