Sure, here’s a simple crochet dish scrubby pattern for you:
- Worsted weight cotton yarn in your choice of color
- Crochet hook (size H/5.00mm)
- Yarn needle
- Ch: chain
- Sc: single crochet
- Hdc: half double crochet
- Sl st: slip stitch
Step 1: Making the Scrubby Base
- Start by making a slip knot and chaining 4.
- Join the last chain to the first with a slip stitch to create a ring.
- Chain 1 (this does not count as a stitch) and make 8 single crochets into the ring. This will be the center of your scrubby.
- Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet to close the round.
Step 2: Creating the Scrubby Texture
- Chain 1 and make 2 single crochets into each stitch around (16 stitches in total).
- Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet.
- Chain 1, then make 1 half double crochet in the same stitch as the chain and in each stitch around (16 stitches in total).
- Join with a slip stitch to the first half double crochet.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for a total of 3 rounds of half double crochets.
Step 3: Finishing Off
- Fasten off your yarn, leaving a tail of about 6 inches.
- Thread the yarn tail through a yarn needle.
- Fold the scrubby in half with the textured side facing out.
- With the yarn needle, sew the edges together using a whipstitch or slip stitch. Make sure to stitch through both layers to close the scrubby.
- Weave in any remaining yarn ends with your yarn needle.
Your crochet dish scrubby is now complete and ready to use! These scrubby pads are great for cleaning dishes and can be machine washed when they get dirty. You can make them in various colors to add a fun touch to your kitchen. Enjoy your crocheting!