- Worsted weight yarn in mushroom cap color (brown or beige) and stem color (white or cream)
- Crochet hook suitable for your yarn weight (usually a 4.5mm or 5mm hook)
- Yarn needle
- Button for closure (optional)
- Lining fabric (optional)
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- sl st: slip stitch
- Begin with the mushroom cap color yarn.
- Create a magic ring, ch 2 (acts as first hdc), and work 9 hdc into the ring. Join with a sl st to the first hdc. (9 hdc)
- Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch, 2 hdc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st. (18 hdc)
- Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch, hdc in the next stitch, 2 hdc in the next stitch – repeat around. Join with a sl st. (27 hdc)
- Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch, hdc in the next 2 stitches, 2 hdc in the next stitch – repeat around. Join with a sl st. (36 hdc)
- Ch 1, sc in the same stitch, sc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Switch to the stem color yarn.
- Leave a long tail, make a slip knot, and then ch 18.
- Starting from the second ch from the hook, sc in each ch across. (17 sc)
- Ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch across. Repeat this row until your stem measures your desired length.
- Position the mushroom cap on top of the mushroom stem. Use the tail from the mushroom stem to sew the cap to the stem securely.
- If desired, sew a button on the front of the cap for closure.
- If you want to add a fabric lining to your bag, cut a piece of fabric to fit the interior dimensions of the mushroom cap.
- Sew the fabric lining in place using a whipstitch or another preferred sewing method.
Congratulations, you’ve completed your crochet mushroom bag! This whimsical bag is a fun and creative accessory that’s sure to catch attention. Feel free to customize the size, colors, and embellishments to make it your own. Enjoy your crocheting!