Sure, here’s a simple and fast crochet vest pattern with a collar that you can try out. This pattern is suitable for crocheters with basic to intermediate skills. Remember to adjust your hook size and yarn weight accordingly to achieve your desired size and drape.
- Worsted weight yarn (color of your choice)
- Crochet hook appropriate for your yarn (usually a G or H hook)
- Yarn needle
Size: This pattern is written for a standard adult size, but you can easily adjust it by changing the number of stitches and rows.
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- sc: single crochet
- sl st: slip stitch
- st: stitch
- Ch 80 (or any multiple of 4, plus 4 for turning).
- Row 1: Starting from the 5th ch from the hook, dc in each ch across. Turn.
- Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first dc here and throughout), skip 3 sts, [dc, ch 1, dc] in next st (forms a V-stitch), skip 3 sts, repeat across, ending with a dc in the last st. Turn.
- Rows 3-20 (or until desired length): Repeat Row 2.
Right Front Panel:
- Join yarn to the last st of Row 20 of the Back Panel.
- Ch 2, skip 3 sts, [dc, ch 1, dc] in next st, skip 3 sts, repeat until the last 2 sts, dc in the last st. Turn.
- Repeat Row 2 for 15 rows (or until the Right Front Panel matches the length of the Back Panel).
Left Front Panel:
- Join yarn to the 4th st of Row 20 of the Back Panel (counting from the right edge).
- Ch 2, skip 3 sts, [dc, ch 1, dc] in next st, skip 3 sts, repeat across. Turn.
- Repeat Row 2 for 15 rows (or until the Left Front Panel matches the length of the Back Panel).
- Ch 4, skip 2 sts, sc in next st, ch 2, repeat across, ending with a sc in the last st of Row 15 of the Left Front Panel.
- Fold the Front Panels over the Back Panel, aligning the edges.
- Seam the sides of the vest using a whipstitch or any preferred seaming method.
- Weave in all loose ends using a yarn needle.
Optional: You can add buttons or ties to the front panels for closure if desired.
Remember, this is a basic pattern that you can modify and customize to your liking. Feel free to experiment with different yarn colors, stitch patterns, and embellishments to make it uniquely yours. Happy crocheting!