The Easy Crochet Blossom Shawl is a free pattern that is perfect for beginners. It is made with a simple stitch pattern and has a beautiful lacy design. The shawl is worked in rows from the bottom up, and the flowers are added as you go. The finished shawl measures 26 inches wide and 75 inches long.
The pattern uses the following materials:
- Worsted weight yarn
- Size J/6 (6.0 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
The gauge for the pattern is 12 single crochet stitches and 13 rows = 4 inches.
To make the shawl, you will need to know how to crochet the following stitches:
- Chain stitch (ch)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Slip stitch (sl st)
- Double crochet (dc)
- Treble crochet (tr)
The pattern is written in both US and UK terms.
The instructions for the shawl are as follows:
- Ch 26.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (25 sc)
- Row 2: Ch 1, turn. Sc in first sc, 2 sc in next sc. Repeat across. (37 sc)
- Row 3: Ch 1, turn. Sc in first sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc. Repeat across. (51 sc)
- Row 4: Ch 1, turn. Sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Repeat across. (67 sc)
- Rows 5-75: Repeat rows 3-4.
Once you have completed row 75, you will need to make the flowers. The flowers are made with the following pattern:
- Magic ring.
- Ch 2, 6 dc in ring.
- Pull the ring closed.
- Ch 1, 2 hdc in each dc around.
- Join with a sl st to the first hdc.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
To attach the flowers to the shawl, you will need to use a tapestry needle. Sew the flowers to the shawl in clusters of 3-4 flowers.
Once you have attached all of the flowers, you are finished with the shawl!
Here are some tips for making the Easy Crochet Blossom Shawl:
- Use a yarn that is easy to work with and that will give you the drape you want for the shawl.
- Make sure to check your gauge regularly to make sure that the shawl is turning out the way you want it to.
- If you are a beginner, it may be helpful to watch a tutorial on how to make the shawl.