Here’s a free pattern for a crochet lacy dishcloth. This dishcloth features a delicate and open lace design, making it perfect for both functional use and as a decorative item in your kitchen.
- Worsted weight cotton yarn in your preferred color
- Crochet hook suitable for your yarn (usually 4.0mm to 5.5mm)
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- dc: double crochet
- tr: treble crochet
- st(s): stitch(es)
- sk: skip
- yo: yarn over
- Foundation Chain: Chain 33. This will give you a dishcloth that’s approximately 9 inches (23 cm) wide. You can adjust the width by chaining more or fewer stitches, keeping in mind that your chain should be a multiple of 6 plus 3.
- Row 1: Starting in the 4th chain from the hook, 3 dc in the same ch (shell made), sk 2 ch, sc in the next ch. Repeat * to * across the row, ending with a sc in the last ch.
- Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as the first tr here and throughout), turn. Sk the first sc, dc in the next dc, ch 1, sk the next dc, dc in the next sc, ch 1. Repeat * to * across the row, ending with a tr in the last sc.
- Row 3: Ch 1, turn. Sc in the first tr, 3 dc in the next dc (shell made), sc in the next tr. Repeat * to * across the row, ending with a sc in the turning ch-4.
- Repeat Rows 2 and 3: Continue repeating Rows 2 and 3 until your dishcloth is the desired length. Make sure to end with Row 2.
- Finishing: Fasten off, weave in any loose ends, and trim excess yarn.
Your lacy dishcloth is now complete! This pattern creates an open and airy design that’s perfect for light scrubbing and drying dishes. It can also be used as a decorative doily or table centerpiece. Feel free to experiment with different colors to match your kitchen decor. Enjoy your crocheting!