“Mini Rainbow Snake” is a free crochet pattern that allows you to create a small, colorful snake toy using different yarn colors. This project is perfect for beginners and experienced crocheters alike. The snake’s small size makes it a quick and enjoyable project to complete.
- Assorted yarn in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Crochet hook (size appropriate for your chosen yarn)
- Fiberfill or stuffing material
- Safety eyes or embroidery thread for eyes
- Yarn needle
Finished Size: The finished snake will be approximately [X inches/cm] in length, depending on your chosen yarn and crochet hook size.
Body: Using the rainbow colors, work in a continuous spiral, without joining rounds.
- Starting with the Head: With the first color (red), create a magic ring and work 6 single crochet (sc) stitches into the ring. Pull the ring tight to close the hole. (6 stitches)
- Increase Rounds: In the next round, 2 sc in each stitch. Repeat this sequence around. (12 stitches) Continue increasing by adding 6 stitches in each subsequent round until you reach the desired length for the snake’s body.
- Body Rounds: Work even (1 sc in each stitch) for several rounds, changing colors to create the rainbow effect as desired. You can follow the rainbow color sequence: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
- Decrease Rounds: To close off the snake’s tail, start decreasing stitches by working sc2tog (single crochet two stitches together) evenly around in each round. Continue until the tail is closed.
Finishing: Once you’ve finished crocheting the body, fasten off the yarn, leaving a tail. Thread the tail through a yarn needle and weave it through the remaining stitches to close the hole at the end of the tail. Stuff the snake’s body with fiberfill as you go, ensuring it’s evenly filled.
Eyes: Attach safety eyes or sew eyes using embroidery thread on the head of the snake.
Tongue: Using a small amount of red or pink yarn, you can embroider a small tongue onto the snake’s head.
Assembly: Once the eyes and tongue are in place, your Mini Rainbow Snake is complete! You can shape the snake’s body as desired, giving it curves and bends.
Remember, this is a basic guideline for creating a Mini Rainbow Snake. You can adjust the size, colors, and features as you like to make it your own. Enjoy your crocheting project!